The Top 10 Foods That Naturally Burn Fat
Does this sound like you?
Your friend tells you about this hot new “fat burner” that’s been working for them so you run down to your local supplement store with the hopes that all you have to do is
pop a couple magic pills each day and miraculously you’ll lose five pounds in the first week without having to eat good or do the necessary work.
I think it’s safe to say we’ve all been there.
I find that a lot of products on the market are overloaded with stimulants and include harmful dyes, titanium dioxide (Google it) and other harmful ingredients that are known to be carcinogens and can also leave you feeling wired and jittery.
Ain’t nobody got time for that.
What I’m going to share with you will naturally help your body burn fat.
Natural metabolism boosters will not negatively impact your body’s metabolism centers like your thyroid, while pharmaceutical and artificial stimulants may.
The cleaner your body is, the more efficient it runs, the less cravings you’ll have, the more toxins you’ll release from your fat cells, making it easier to lose weight. BOOM.
I bet you have at least half of these in your kitchen right now.
Incorporate these items into your day more often and watch your metabolism increase and your body burn hundreds of calories, release harmful toxins and melt stubborn fat!
1. Organic Green Tea. *When choosing a green tea be sure you get organic. Green tea leaves are ridiculously saturated with harmful pesticides. The more toxins in your body, the harder it’s going to be to lose fat. Green tea is one of my absolute favorite drinks, especially during summer time here in sunny south Florida. The ECGC and catechins in green tea helps naturally increase your metabolism, firing up the fat burning benefits. Squeeze 1/2 lemon in it and BAM – health benefits galore!
2. Organic Coffee. *Just like green tea, it’s very important that you purchase organic coffee (bye bye over priced Starbucks) because beans are also loaded and saturated with harmful pesticides that do not come off until they’re steeping in your cup – gross. Coffee is a great option to drink 20 minutes before a workout because it acts as an ergogenic aid which allows you to train more intensely (without the unnecessary stimulants in pre-workouts). Coffee naturally stimulates your adrenaline, which sends a message to your fat stores to burn fat. Coffee also acts as a natural diuretic, reducing water retention and stimulates your intestines which is why #poop. If you have to use cream and sugar use a dairy-free one and Stevia.
3. Purified Water. *When deciding on a water brand, spring and purified water will be your best bet because they’re less likely to have fluoride, lead and other harmful particles in them. Water is one of the most important things to make sure you’re getting enough of when working towards your health and fitness goals. Dehydration can lead to an increase of appetite and fatigue, which in return can lead you down a road of overeating the wrong things. If plain water isn’t your thing something I do is infuse two lemons and a big knob of ginger in a gallon glass container to give it flavor and extra health benefits. The colder the water, the more calories you’re going to burn!
4. Peppers and Spices. The hotter the better! Jalapenos, habaneros and chipotles naturally raise your metabolism from the capsaicin that’s in them. Spices like cayenne and chili pepper added to your lean protein gives your metabolism a double whammy boost – naturally burn fat.
5. Grapefruit. This amazing citrus fruit is one of my favorites for a couple of reasons. It is one of the best things you can eat to naturally detox your liver, which helps release toxins from fat cells making fat loss that much easier. And two, it tastes so goooood. I take one Stevia packet and sprinkle it over it to cut back on the tartness, making it sweet. *caution – if you take prescriptions check with your pharmacist first or look on your bottle – grapefruit can interfere with the effectiveness.
6. Green Leafy Vegetables. When it comes to greens, kale and broccoli rabe are going to be the two power houses to keep stocked up. These two vegetables are nutrient-dense (meaning they have the most vitamins, minerals and phyonutrients ounce for ounce) and have enough detoxifying nutrients in them to super charge your liver’s detoxification pathways in just 48 hours! Phyonutrients, specifically, stimulates an enzyme that tells your fat cells to burn fat. It’s like suicide of the fat cells!
7. Cinnamon. One of my favorite aromatic spices that I use daily on my oats is cinnamon. This delicious spice helps move glucose into the cells faster so your fat storage hormone, insulin, doesn’t show up as often. Less insulin spikes = less stored fat!
8. Lean Protein. Out of the three macro-nutrients (proteins, carbohydrates and fats) protein is the most thermogenic, meaning it takes your body more calories to break it down than it does to breakdown carbohydrates and fats. When choosing lean proteins look for antibiotic-free and no hormones added when possible. Grilled, baked and broiled are going to be the healthiest ways to prepare it (don’t forget to add spices and pair it with green veggies!). http://christinasfitness.com/topics/power-proteins/
9. Beans and Lentils. Protein and fiber are two important components when it comes to boosting your metabolism and staying full for a long period of time. Both of these foods, beans and lentils, are also rich in iron which is an important mineral that helps transport oxygen to muscles, needed to naturally burn fat. More protein = more calories burned!
10. Healthy Fats. What are healthy fats? When I say “healthy fats” I’m talking about whole foods like avocado, salmon, unrefined coconut oil, chia seeds, brazil nuts, almonds, etc. – anything low in trans fat and high in polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats. These healthy fats turn off the body’s fat storage hormones. In addition, the energy producing part of the cells get protected by free radicals and gives your metabolism a nice boost – naturally.
The omega-3’s in wild salmon (not farm raised) and chia seeds help improve insulin sensitivity, which shrinks fat cells from your waist. They also suppress the appetite, increase the metabolism and turn on glucagon (one of the body’s fat burning hormones). Brazil nuts help boost your metabolism by converting the thyroid hormone to its active form and bind up toxins that store in fat cells. Coconut oil is rich in medium-chained triglycerides (MCT’s) which your body prefers to use for energy, leaving it less likely to be stored as fat.
Not to mention fats are responsible for healthy, shiny hair, strong nails and beautiful looking skin!
To sum it up…
Less toxins mean easier, faster fat loss.
Protein acts as a natural thermogenic.
Some foods speak to your fat cells and tell them to burn (and not store)!
Do you like any of these drinks or foods?
How many do you have in your kitchen right now?
Will you be incorporating any of these more often now that you know this?
Here’s to your health,
If you like stuff like this, follow me here: www.facebook.com/christinasfitness