How You Can Lose A Pound Per Week
In order for you, no matter your age, present fitness level, or gender, to lose one pound of fat we need to have a deficiency of 3,500 calories. There’s a couple of ways we can achieve this, and it’s fairly easy. You can either start off by solely eating cleaner (close to nature, like fruits and vegetables, nuts, beans, low fat dairy items, lean meats and tons of water) while decreasing your total caloric intake by 500 calories, OR you could burn 500 calories a day through exercise alone, while still making healthy food options and staying within your individual caloric needs. To get to your goal fitness level faster I’d recommend the second option, because you’ll double your efforts of getting to your goal weight quicker, through diet and exercise, and could potentially lose up to 2 pounds a week!
Some tips to help you.
1. Eat breakfast.
2. Eat your carbs early in the day. Choose a lean meat and double steamed vegetables for dinner.
3. Limit the amount of processed foods you eat as much as possible.
4. Drink 8 glasses of water each day.
5. Try to eat every 3-4 hours. This keeps your metabolism going and your blood sugar elevated throughout the day.
6. Skip the bread basket when out to dinner.
7. Keep quick, healthy snacks on you at all times.
8. Aim for 25 grams of fiber each day. Fiber keeps you fuller, longer.
9. Skip the mayo and BBQ sauces if necessary.
10. Eat a salad everyday.
11. Ask for sauces on the side.
12. Stop eating 3 hours before you plan on going to bed. If hunger does strike, protein is your best option.
13. Plan your meals ahead of time.
14. Find a fitness class you enjoy.
15. Use the buddy system when starting a diet or fitness routine. Friendly competition never hurts.
16. Start keeping a food and workout journal.
17. Leave your gym clothes, iPod, towel, sneakers and water bottle packed up and ready to go.
18. Get plenty of rest.
19. Avoid stress, which can trigger emotional eating.
20. Check out ChristinasFitness.com to keep you motivated and informed.