Reach your goals Through Positive Thinking!
It’s said that we have more than 60,000 thoughts every single day! These thoughts can either make us stand tall in confidence, or knock us to our feet and emotionally beat us down. Our mind and thoughts, if we let it, can be our own worst enemy and the one thing that stands in our way of success. A lot of us may be doing it more than we realize and it can actually be the one thing that we needed to master all along. Once we learn how to shut that voice off in our head and stand up for ourselves, that’s when the real transformation begins – inside and out.
Positive thinking plays a significant role in our weight loss (or muscular gain) efforts. We all have goals in life that we want to accomplish: Goals to be successful in our career choice, goals to lose weight by a certain date or event, goals to save money for something special, etc. Positive thinking also helps reduce stress, improve your emotional well-being and can improve your diet, according to a 2000 study conducted at University College in London. Together we can get to our goals faster if we keep our positive attitude and our thoughts in check. Lets Go!
Here are 15 strategies to think yourself healthy!
- Talk to yourself how you would want to be talked to. You wouldn’t want someone calling you names and putting you down when you are trying to do your best, so why would you do it to yourself? Learn to become your own best friend. If negative thoughts find their way in to your head, turn them in to positive thoughts like, “I am going to finish this, I am going to do one more, I’m just a deserving of this as the next person.” An exercise I recently did was write, “I’m one of a kind. I’m strong. I’m beautiful. I’m confident. I’m secure. I’m healthy. I’m blessed” on my bathroom mirror with a dry erase marker. I stop and read it almost every time I go in the bathroom. I don’t just read it, I believe it.
- Believe that you will succeed. By believing in something, you can see it, you can feel it and you’ll know in your heart that it is going to happen one day. “Whether you think you can or can’t, either way you are right.” ~ Henry Ford
- Smile more! The mere act of smiling automatically puts you in a feel god mood. Smiling gets you positive responses when you’re out in public too. A happy person looks like a confident person.
- Spend as much time with positive people who have the same goals. Being surrounded by happy, healthy people can recharge even the grumpiest persons attitude.
- Change your mindset to change your bad habits. To see results, you have to change your bad habits. To change your bad habits, you have to change your mind. It’s that simple. As easy as it sounds though, this will take time and patience.
- Learn from your past. Our past failures are something a lot of people get stuck holding on to. The good thing about our past is that no matter how bad it was, we have the power, skills and tools to change it at this very moment. Learn to let go of all the wrong turns you took and all the turns you wish you would’ve made. Once you begin to make a new path, the past will seem like it was another lifetime ago.
- Give yourself some credit. When we fail at something or aren’t where we want to be when we look in the mirror, it’s easy to pick out all the things that we don’t like. Instead of doing this, list of all the things that you did accomplish. This could include you not eating those chips at 10 o’clock at night, running for an extra 3 minutes or losing a pound (even if you thought it should’ve been three or four). Focusing on all the positives and good things will shift your focus and attitude away from the negativity.
- Think of a setback as an opportunity. Have you ever been in a situation where something unfortunate happened to you (like losing your job, or coming down with an illness), but not long after it turned out to be the best thing that could’ve happened to you ? You never know – setbacks could give you the opportunity to do something better for yourself! You just have to remain optimistic.
- Do not dwell on any mistake. So you ate more than you planned. It happens to the best of us. Don’t let your thoughts bring you down and make you feel like a complete failure. Tell yourself, “I’m human, I workout hard and eat good most of the time. This one mishap is a lesson for me that I will learn from. The next time this might happen, I’ll know how to stop myself better.” Keep the big picture in mind.
- Say thank you. Take one minute out of your day and say thank you to someone who makes your life easier, happier or better. Not only will you boost up their day, you’ll boost up yours as well. Try it! Too many people take other people for granted. Let someone know what you appreciate about them and how much they mean to you. We can’t do it often enough.
- Do not let yourself quit. Giving up is usually as a result of negative thoughts getting in your way. We give up to easily out of doubt, fear and frustration. If you can learn how to push all that aside and remind yourself why you want something, nothing will ever be able to stand in your way!
- Don’t expect things to be easy. Realistically, change is hard, especially if what you’re trying to change is a bad habit. Even if it’s a good change (like starting new job, quitting smoking or joining a gym), it’s going to take some courage and dedication to not fall back into your comfort zone. Take baby steps and start off small.
- Realize that your thoughts do not own you! You are 100% in charge of what you think, not the other way around. As soon as you realize this, let the happiness overflow.
- Stop making excuses. Anything is possible if you put your entire mind, body and soul into it. It’ll be hard and it’ll hurt, but everything worth it always is.
- Change your frequency. Have you ever heard, “you get back what you give?” How about, “Whatever you think, you attract.” I believe it to be true and this saying is a good reminder to always check your thoughts, emotions and vibe.
Some of this stuff you may have already heard before, but it’s always good to be reminded from time to time on just how important it is to introduce a positive way of thinking everyday to every aspect of our lives. Have you found yourself trapped by some of these? Do you feel like you’ll have a better outlook after reading this? Leave me a comment below.