Detox is one of the hottest topics amongst the Breast Implant Illness community.
And for good reason.
All breast implants have over 40 toxins on the shell – including heavy metals, neurotoxins, endocrine and hormone disruptors, and carcinogens.
And after finding this out we desperately want to remove them, and all the toxins, as fast as we can!
But with detoxing you’ve gotta be smart, take it slow, and play it safe.
Common questions I hear are:
When can I start detoxing?
Why shouldn’t I detox before I explant?
What should I be focusing on before I explant?
Why do I need to wait 4-6 weeks post explant to detox?
Below, I’m going to explain what you should be focusing on before you explant and why it’s important to wait 4-6 weeks post-explant to start any form of detoxing.
What you want to focus on BEFORE you explant is boosting your immune system by:
- optimize your gut health and boosting your gut microbiome
- stimulating your lymphatic system with dry brushing, rebounding, and hydrotherapy
- Incorporate things such as Vitamin C, mushrooms, and essential oils
- continue existing exercise routine (quit 7-10 days before you explant)
- eat wholesome, organic food as much as possible
- drink plenty of purified water
- reduce stressors (people, environments, bad habits, etc.)
- getting plenty of rest and deep sleep (pitch dark room at 67 degrees for highest melatonin production)
- *reduce alcohol (completely quit two weeks before you explant)
- *reduce sugar and artificial sweeteners (completely quit two weeks before you explant)
- incorporate emotional healing techniques like meditation, visualization, tapping, journaling, etc.
- Self-care, self-love, and focusing on all the fun things you want to do after you explant! Positive mindset, baby.
*alcohol and sugar cause massive inflammation and weaken the immune system for up to six hours after consumption
Here are supplements I recommend looking into both pre and post explant.
You’ll want to discontinue all supplements (besides probiotics) two weeks before you explant.
Bromoline (pineapple juice) and Arnica are highly recommended to start taking 5-7 days BEFORE your explant to help reduce bruising, swelling, and pain.
The main reason why you don’t want to start any form of detox BEFORE you explant is
because you don’t want to potentially start pulling toxins and heavy metals from your breast implants.
When you do a detox, you are essentially pushing toxins out from your cells, fat, and organs (even your brain), which then gets circulated throughout your body. You must then incorporate a binder, which grabs onto the toxins and pulls them out of the body either by way of sweat, urine, or fecal matter (poop).
Long story short.
And besides, in my opinion, detoxing with breast implants is a waste of money and energy because you still have the source of the toxins in you long after you discontinue the detox.
It’s recommended to start detoxing 4-6 weeks AFTER you explant. Here is why.
- Your body has just gone through a physically traumatic experience. The first 4-6 weeks after you explant (and longer if you got a fat transfer) is the time to only focus on rest, recovery, self-care, and forgiveness.
- You want to be sure to give your body at least four weeks to repair tissue, repair muscle, heal, and detox on its own… without the influence of herbs, supplements, and binders.
- You were put under with anesthesia and probably washed with an antibiotic solution. These things are going to take some time to completely get out of your system, so don’t be alarmed if you feel weak, nauseous, bloated, and lightheaded for up to three weeks. Especially if you have the MTHFR gene, which makes detoxing harder.
- Because of number three 👆🏼you don’t want to potentially feel any worse if you don’t have to from detox symptoms, which typically include fatigue, headaches, and general achiness.
I hope this helped clarify some things!
If you still have questions, please email me : Christina@sizehappy.net
You can also find me inside my Facebook Group, Breast Implant Illness Rejuvenation and Education with Christina , where I’m very active.
If you’re not on Facebook find me on Instagram here
and on YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/c/SizeHappy/videos
here’s to self-love, health, and vibing high,
Founder and Leader of Size: Happy