Week 8 Challenge – Keeping Track to Get Trim!
Welcome to the Week 8 Challenge, “Keeping Track to Get Trim!” This week is about holding yourself more accountable for what you consume and when you consume it, every day. The idea is to complete this challenge and in turn become more consciously accountable in the decisions you make with what you eat and drink.
There are many ways to get started with doing this effectively (my favorite is the 1st option :)), and you can use whichever suites your preference. Here are some options:
- Download my eBook, “Elite Nutrition for the Elite Woman” by clicking here and refer to the Exercise and Food Journal section. The Food Journal form that is included in this eBook is a great way to keep track of what you consume.
- Buy a simple journal or date book and start writing in it. If you do this, I suggest you rip out any previous days of the year that has already passed.
- Use your smart phone, PDA or tablet while you’re out and about.
- Use scrap paper if you have no other way (don’t forget to transfer it to your journal).
After deciding how you’ll be logging what you’re eating and drinking every day, read the following article that I’ve written for effectively keeping a food journal:
And lastly, here are some general pointers to ensure that you are successful in this challenge and moving forward:
- Write down everything you eat or drink, including snacks or “bites” and at what time you consumed it – and write on the go.
- You don’t have to necessarily worry about writing down the calories. This is optional, but is tedious. This challenge is not to count calories, it is to become more aware of what you consume.
- Try to cook at home as much as you can.
- Focus on your portion sizes – use measuring cups and food scales.
- Write down how much water you drink as well.
- Get on Facebook and post your first couple days. I will critique them and offer my suggestions/opinions for a healthy improvement.
Remember – this challenge is not a “beat yourself up at the end of the day” challenge, it is to look back and understand what you’re consuming. Chances are, what you consume is part of your daily eating habits and this can be a great first step in changing the way you eat if you are unhappy with your fitness levels and/or physical appearance.
Do this challenge daily, and don’t skip out on anything you eat — you’ll only be cheating yourself out of a very valuable exercise that will open your eyes and help you make more consciously better choices in what you consume!
Be sure to join us in discussion on Facebook by clicking here and clicking the “Like!” button if you haven’t already done so!