PREPARATION: Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9×9 square pan for baking.
INGREDIENTS: I used all-natural or organic as much as I could myself when preparing this recipe.
- 1 cup 100% whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup vanilla whey protein powder (or unflavored)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 & 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs: 2 whole eggs, 2 eggwhites
- 1 small fully cooked sweet potato
- 1 cup organic unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup Stevia
- 1 & 1/2 cups fresh shredded carrots
- 1 cup organic raisins
- 1 can of crushed pineapple, drained (8 oz)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, combine the following: whole wheat flour, vanilla whey protein, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Set aside for now.
- In another large bowl, combine cooked sweet potato, applesauce, egg whites and whole eggs, and Stevia. Mix with an electric mixer or whip fast by hand.
- Combine whole wheat flour mixture to the wet mixture, beating in little by little.
- Stir in the raisins, shredded carrots, flaked coconut, crushed pineapple, and chopped walnuts.
- After mixing thoroughly, spread into your 9 x 9 pan. Bake in 350 degree oven for 40 minutes, and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
Note: This information is specific to the ingredients I listed. If you deviate from this recipe, nutrition information can vary.